Last week I posted on the start of the seed project, seven days out and we are already starting to see significant germination in the slits created by the seeder. We have made continued progress on the course throughout the week. Last week, focus was placed on key areas and this week we have shifted to a broader approach and have tackled areas on each hole all the way through #14. A couple of well timed rains and cooler nights will help with germination as we continue to address the Poa population in our rough.
One thing I failed to mention last week since we have started various projects throughout the course is the clearing around #10 green. Once morning jobs have been completed, we have dedicated staff members to start working on areas that have become overgrown in our gullies and other key aesthetic features on the course. The guys have made great progress on #3, #5 and #6. In efforts to regain the infinity look around 9 green and 10 green we have shifted gears if efforts to complete prior to the seasonal H2B guys going home for the winter months.
Progress thus far
The pictures really don't do it justice. Can't wait to see the finished product as we continue to work around the right side exposing the view from the lower tee.