Friday, January 10, 2014

Thank You


Dear Membership,
                Happy New Year!  Earlier in the week, on my anniversary start date, I received notification that I was named a finalist for Turfnet’s  Superintendent of the Year based on the nominations submitted by the members of Longue Vue that were reviewed by a national panel comprised of individuals within the turf industry.
                I am honored to be considered for such a monumental achievement ; however, I can’t take full credit because this is a direct reflection of the support cast that has surrounded me in my first year as your sixth Golf Course Superintendent.  The foundation of that support cast has been each member of the Greens Department, who bought into my beliefs and practices from the start and accepted change.  Their hard work and dedication was paramount to our success both on the course and off.  Behind every leader is an even better team!  Outside of the Greens Department, every member of the entire LVC staff and greens committee deserves credit because this is not based on personal achievements but a reflection of the entire experience that was provided to our membership over the past season. 
                I am grateful that our achievements on the course over the past season have been deemed by the membership worthy of national recognition.  It solidifies that we have one of the best memberships around to work and provide for and I'm honored to be a part of.  However, the pure beauty in my opinion, is that we have not even scratched the surface!
Thank you!
Fairways and Dreams,
Josh A. Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment